Introduction: About this Blog

Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to share a small intro for what this blog is all about and what my goals are for this. 


Who am I?

I am someone that loves teaching and mentorship. I love sharing my experiences with people and sharing advice I may have. I am someone that loves connecting with people, hearing stories, and seeing different perspectives. However, I am also more of an introvert and enjoy walks in nature, reading, journaling, and dancing. I also love laughing with people I love and spending time with dogs. I am passionate about mental health and self discovery. AND I am also an incoming medical student at the University of Toronto, class of 2025 (or 2T5 as we say). 


What is this blog about?

If you noticed I intentionally put "medical student" as the last point. We often forget we are so much more than that. Too often we start conversation with "what do you do?". Rarely do we actually connect with people and find out who they are as a person, instead of an arbitrary stereotype we assign to their profession. Whoever is reading this, you are so much more than a premed, or a medical student, or a doctor, or any career you might have. This is the point of this blog. I want to share my journey through medical school with you, but more importantly I want to share my journey through life in the context of medicine. I plan to show how normal life experiences like friendships, loneliness, hobbies, fears, and everything in between can affect my medical experience. I want to focus on taking care of myself to become better not only for my patients, but also for my loved ones, and for myself. 

I have spent a lot of time watching medical school YouTube channels because I love seeing an inside view of what medical school is really like. I wanted to contribute to that by writing this blog (I just really prefer writing over filming videos). I want to share an authentic experience, which will hopefully help you make more informed career decisions and also provide some insight into life lessons I learn along the way. 


I don't know exactly what to expect, but I am excited for this journey. Please comment any questions you have or any posts you would like me to write in the future. 

I am just starting out so feedback is definitely welcome in the comments. 

Comments

  1. Just testing if comments work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like the comments are now working :)
      Thanks to one of you guys who pointed out they weren't.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Applying to medical school: Lessons I learned

Summer Before Med School: The Transition